Views tab - My Manager
All View tab features and tools found here are used the same way in other tabs of My Manager. All Views contributed/submitted to Morphbank will be seen in this tab. A view captures information about the image, including the: specimen part featured in the image, view angle, imaging technique, imaging preparation technique, sex, form and developmental stage of the object in the image.
Paths to My Manager Views tab
- Header > hover over Browse to open drop-down > select View from drop-down OR
- Header > click Browse to open My Manager interface > click View tab
Features and Functions of the Views tab
Morpbhank users catch on quickly due to the modular nature of the tools and icons. Note the various features in the above screen shot are explained next.
- : please use this link to our automated feedback system. We appreciate your comments so that we can continue to improve and enhance Morphbank. Clicking on (Help) opens this Manual.
- Keywords: To use this powerful search feature, hold the mouse over the Keywords box to see a list of fields the Keywords queries. Enter a term or terms. Note that searches are boolean and. Partial words can also be entered as all terms entered are wild-carded. See the yellow note above.
- Limit Search by:A new feature of this (beta version) of Morphbank allows a user to view only the objects personally contributed/submitted AND/OR those from a particular group. Use the Header Menu > Tools > Select Group > Choose group from sub-menu feature to change groups OR use the Group link in the Header on the left side of the Main Screen.
- Check box: Note the to the left of each View Id and Title. Use this feature to Select one or more Views which will then be highlighted. A particular action can now be applied to all the checked Views at one time using the Select Mass Operation feature. If a user wishes to collect all the Views on a page into a given collection, use the Check All button, then Select Mass Operation > Create new collection > click Submit button.
- Select Mass Operation: After checking one or more Views with the check box feature, options in the drop-down of Select Mass Operation can be applied to all the Views checked. An example would be: gathering all the checked Views into a new or existing collecion.
- Submit: Click this button to carry out the Mass Operation selected.
- Icons: The icons and their functions are explained fully in Morphbank
Guide to Graphic Buttons. An abbreviated
explanation can be found on the All page
for My Manager.
- The icon shows metadata for any given object in Morphbank, in this case, the details of a given view.
- , the Edit icon gives users access to change/update metadata for any Views they've contributed/submitted.
- Note the is a link to all images in Morphbank using a particular view.
- Creating Collections with My Manager: To group objects (in this case, views) together creating a collection, follow
the instructions in the box.
Short-cut instructions to creating a collection
- To group objects together creating a collection, use the
check box next to each Object Id and Title.
Each item checked will be highlighted in green.
- After checking all desired items, go up to the drop-down and choose the desired action (like Create New Collection, or Copy to existing collection...) and then click Submit.
- Other objects from other tabs in My Manager can be added to an existing Collection in the same manner.
- Any Collections created can be seen in the Collections tab.
- To group objects together creating a collection, use the check box next to each Object Id and Title.
Add a View to Morphbank
Edit a View in Morphbank
Known Version Issues
Introduction to My Manager